The founding members of the Independent Community Advisory Association structured the ICAA to protect, promote and represent the interests of the Associates. Responsibilities of the ICAA are fulfilled by three committees that report directly to the Executive Committee during their regularly scheduled meetings. Each of these committees has a chairman.
The Executive committee will be voted on each year by all the board members. Each board member will vote for 3 members. The Executive Committee:
- Assigns the members of each of the other 3 committees
- Sets Executive Committee and ICAA Board meeting dates, locations and agendas
- Identifies a Chairman for each committee and defines their duties
- Receives and review all Associate recommendations from the ICAA committees
- Makes final board recommendations to Bonvera
Business Operations Committee (BOC)
- Reviews any proposed changes to compensation plan, new products, distribution, technology, and any other matters that impact Bonvera and its Associates
- Evaluates the proposed change, determines its impact on the Associates and makes a recommendation to the Executive Committee
- Reviews proposed publications and any other public content and makes recommendations
The BOC itself may initiate proposed changes to any of the above listed items and submit them to the Executive Committee along with a recommendation for adoption.
Marketing, Awards & Compensation Committee (MACC)
- Receives any proposed change to Bonvera marketing, compensation, and awards programs. Proposed changes may be submitted by Bonvera or by association members
- Evaluates the proposed change, determines its impact on Associates, and makes a recommendation to Bonvera as to whether it should be adopted or rejected
The MACC itself may initiate proposed changes to any of the above listed items and submit them to the Executive Committee along with a recommendation for adoption.
Hearing, Ethics, Legal & Dispute (HELD)
- Receives any proposed new policy and proposed change to existing policies, including changes to the Associate Plan and the Rules of Conduct. Proposed additions or changes may be submitted by Bonvera or by member Associates
- Evaluates the proposed addition or change, determines its impact on Associates and makes a recommendation to Bonvera as to whether it should be adopted or rejected
- Hears disputes and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee when Associates utilize the reconciliation process as outlined in the Policies and Procedures
The HELD itself may initiate a proposed addition or change to any policy and submit it to the Executive Committee along with a recommendation for adoption.
The HELD is an integral part of the Disputes Resolution process and was created through the cooperation of Bonvera and the ICAA to ensure that all Associates are assured of a level playing field when building their business. This committee is set up to meet as mediation issues arise.